In case you are looking for a way to read WhatsApp messages without telling the sender whether you have read the message or not, below are four different methods to read WhatsApp messages without opening or notifying the sender.
Read WhatsApp messages without opening or notifying the sender
As you have surely noticed, when you open WhatsApp messages, a blue tick appears next to the message, indicating to the sender that the message has been seen or read by the recipient.
This setup is useful in most cases as it allows senders to confirm that their messages are read.
However, sometimes you have your own reasons why you don’t want a specific person to know that you read his/her message. In such cases, you can actually read WhatsApp messages without opening or notifying the sender using any of the following methods.
- Turn on airplane mode and read news
- Turn off read receipts and read messages
- Use Invisible App
- Use “Blue tick last seen hider app”
1. Turn on Airplane mode and read news
One way to read WhatsApp messages without opening the app and sending read receipts is to put your phone on airplane mode and then read the messages.
1. Once you receive the WhatsApp message, open settings on your phone and turn it on airplane mode.
2. After enabling Airplane mode, open Whatsapp on your phone and you can read the WhatsApp message without generating those blue ticks.
3. After reading the message, close it Whatsapp while Airplane mode is still on.
4. After you close WhatsApp, you can disable Airplane mode on your phone.
However, make sure you don’t open WhatsApp on your phone until you’re actually ready to reply to the message. When you open WhatsApp, two blue ticks will appear next to the message you just read offline.
Although this method is really easy to use, it prevents you from using WhatsApp until you are ready to reply to the message or tell your contact that you have read his/her message.
Once you open WhatsApp, these 2 blue ticks will appear next to the message, indicating to the sender that the message has been read.
2. Disable read receipts in WhatsApp
The second method to read WhatsApp messages without notifying the sender is to turn off read receipts on your WhatsApp account first and then read the messages.
1. Open Whatsapp > tap the 3 point icon located in the top right corner of your screen.
2. From the drop-down menu that appears, tap on settings.
3. Then tap Account > Privacy.
4. On the privacy screen, scroll down and uncheck the option for read receipts
After disabling read receipts, open the WhatsApp message you want to read. Since read receipts are already disabled in your WhatsApp, the sender cannot see whether you have read the message or not.
The disadvantage of this method is that you cannot receive read receipts from others as long as read receipts are disabled on your WhatsApp account.
3. Use “Invisible App”.
In case you are not satisfied with the limitations of the above two methods, you can use an app called Invisible to view WhatsApp messages without opening or notifying the sender.
1. Open google play Save to your Android phone or tablet and download the Unseen apartment
2. Once the app is downloaded, open the Unseen app on your Android phone.
3. In the pop-up that appears, tap OK to provide notification access to the invisible app (see image below)
4. On the Notification Access screen, give the invisible app access to notifications on your Android phone by sliding the switch next to Unseen to ON position (see image below).
5. On the next popup that appears, tap To allow Possibility.
From now on, every new WhatsApp message you receive from your contacts will appear in the Invisible app. This way you can read all your WhatsApp messages without generating those blue ticks even though the message was read in the Unseen app.
4. Use “Blue tick last seen hider app”
There is another app called Blue Tick Last Seen Hider that allows you to view WhatsApp messages without opening or generating those blue ticks next to the read messages.
1. Open the Google Play Store and download it Blue tick, last seen hider app on your Android phone or tablet
2. Once the app is downloaded, open the Blue tick last seen hider App on your Android phone.
3. In the pop-up that appears, tap I have it
4. On the next popup, tap Let’s do this and you will be taken to the Notification Access screen on your Android device.
5. On the Notification Access screen, grant the app access to notifications on your Android device by sliding the switch next to Blue Incognito Chat Reader to ON position (see image below).
6. In the pop-up that appears, tap the To allow Possibility.
After that, all your WhatsApp messages will appear on the app and you can read them without generating those blue ticks.
Also, you can reply to WhatsApp messages from within the app (without opening WhatsApp) – however, if you reply to the message, blue ticks will appear.