While managing digital copies is convenient and environmentally friendly, it also requires the printing of files and emails. In this article, we will show you the steps to use Google’s Cloud Print technology to print emails, documents and photos with your Android phone.
Print from an Android phone using Google Cloud Print
Google’s cloud printing technology enables almost any connected device, including Android phones and tablets, to print to almost any Google-registered printer.
Therefore, the first requirement to be able to print from an Android phone or tablet using Google’s cloud printing technology is to register your printer with Google.
Although registering a printer with Google is a bit complicated, everything is fine as long as you follow the steps below and allow Google to automatically list printers connected to your network.
Register your printer with Google
To register your printer with Google, you need a Google (Gmail) account, a computer, and a printer connected to your computer with a USB cable, or connected to your computer with a WiFi or Ethernet cable connection to your modem or router network is connected.
When you’re done, follow the steps below to register your printer with Google Cloud Print.
1. Open Google chrome browser on your computer
2. Then click on the 3 point menu icon is located in the top right corner of your screen and then click settings Option in drop down menu (see image below)
3. On the settings screen, scroll to the bottom of the page and click Show Advanced Settings…. (See image below)
4. Next, on the Chrome Settings page, scroll down to the Google Cloud Print section and click Administer Button.
5. On the next screen, click the add Printer button
6. You will go to login page Your Google account if you are not already signed in. Sign in to your Google account with your Gmail username and password.
7. Once you have logged into your account, you will be redirected to Google’s Cloud Print website where you will see that Google has automatically detected you Printer connected to your network and listed for you (see image below)
8th. Click on that add Printer Button to add the listed printers to Google (see image above)
Once you’ve registered your printer with Google, you’re all set up and ready to print anything from your Android phone or tablet to any of your Google Cloud Print registered printers.
Add Google Cloud Print app to Android phone
After registering your printer with Google, the next step is to download and install the Google Cloud Print app on your Android device.
1. Open Google Load game on your Android phone or tablet.
2. Next, tap the search box and type “cloud print.”
3. On the next screen, tap cloud print by Google Inc.
4. On the next screen, tap To install Button to download and install the Google Cloud Print app on your Android device.
Note: Google Cloud Print is already installed on some Android phones.
Steps to print from an Android phone using Google Cloud Print
Follow the steps below to print from your Android phone or tablet to your printer that you have registered with Google Cloud Print.
1. First, make sure that the Google user account The one you use on your Android phone is the same Google account that you used to register your printer with Google.
2. Next, open the file you want to print from your Android phone. The file can be any web page, Gmail message, document or photo stored on your phone.
You can also print a file that is on Google Drive, Dropbox or another cloud storage service.
3. Once the file you want to print is open, tap 3 point menu icon in the top right corner of your screen. In this case we are trying to print an article from Techbout on a cloud printer (see image below).
4. From the drop-down menu, tap the Split Possibility.
5. Next you will see a popup, tap on that To press Possibility.
6. On the next page, tap down arrow button to the right of Save as PDF.
7. Next select the Printer you want to print the file to. If you cannot find the printer, tap All printers… to get a list of your Google registered printers.
8th. Once you have found the printer and are ready to print, tap To press Button to send this web page to your printer from your Android phone.
- How to save web pages as PDF on an Android phone