While there are several ways to cast Android screen to TV, the easiest way is to connect Google’s Chromecast device to your TV and use the Cast feature, which is available on many Android devices.
Mirror Android screen to TV
Mirroring Android screen to TV lets you see a mirror image of your Android phone or tablet screen on the big screen of your home TV.
Once Android screen is mirrored on TV, any media (YouTube, Movies, etc.) you are playing on your Android phone or tablet screen will appear on the TV screen.
As mentioned above, the easiest way to play media from Android phone or tablet on TV is using Chromecast, which needs to be connected to the TV and set up with the Google Home app.
For instructions on how to connect the Chromecast device to the TV and set up Chromecast, see this guide: How to set up Chromecast on an Android phone.
1. Mirror Android screen to TV using Cast function
The easiest way to cast Android screen to TV is by using the built-in “Cast” feature available on most Android devices.
1. Open settings on your Android phone or tablet and tap advertisement.
2. On the display screen, tap Pour Possibility.
3. On the next screen, tap yours Chromecast device and this will mirror your android phone screen to TV.
4. now open Chrome browser on your Android phone and visit YouTube, Netflix or any other website.
You will see your Android phone’s display mirrored on your TV’s screen.
Note: If the Cast option is not available on Samsung Galaxy and other Android devices, you can use the second method as given below.
2. Mirror Android Screen TV with Google Home app
If your Android phone or tablet doesn’t support Cast function, you can use Google Home app to cast Android screen to TV.
1. Open Google play store on your Android phone > download and install Google Home app on your Android device.
2. Open Google Home app on your Android phone and tap your Chromecast device.
Note: If you have multiple devices, scroll down to find your Chromecast device.
3. On the next screen, tap Broadcast my screen Possibility.
4. Tap on the confirmation pop-up cast screen Possibility.
Now when you open Chrome browser on your Android phone and visit any website or play any video. You will immediately see how the display is mirrored on the big screen of your TV.
You can stop streaming at any time by going to the Home app and tapping Stop mirroring Possibility.
Screen Mirroring feature with Chromecast is available on most Android devices running Android 4.4.2 or later.
3. Mirror Android screen without opening Home app
If you are interested, you can mirror Android screen to TV without opening Home app. You can do this by adding the cast icon in the status bar of your Android phone.
1. Draw yours finger down your Android phone screen to open the status bar.
2. Next, tap the To edit option, located in the top right corner.
Note: If you don’t see the Edit option, go to settings > Notifications & status bar > Toggle ON positions.
3. Drag on the next screen Pour or screen mirroring to the status bar.
After that, you can mirror your Android phone screen to TV by going to the status bar and tapping the screen mirroring icon.
Chromecast not mirroring Android screen to TV
Follow the steps below if you encounter an issue and cannot mirror Android screen to TV.
1. Open settings > tap applications (or apps).
2.On Samsung devices, you may need to tap application manager.
3. On the Application Manager screen, scroll down and tap Google Play Services.
4. On the next screen, tap Permissions Manager (or permissions).
5. On the App Permissions screen, enable the option for microphone by moving the switch to ON Position.
After that, Screen Mirroring option should be available and working on your Android phone.