While Xiaomi makes amazing Android phones, they come without Gmail, YouTube, Maps and other popular Android apps. You can fix this problem by installing Google Play Store on Xiaomi phones, which in turn allows you to install other Google and Android apps.
No Google Apps on Xiaomi phones
Xiaomi Tech is one of the leading device manufacturers in China, which is also popular in India, Dubai, Saudi Arabia, Malaysia, Singapore and other countries for its affordable and impressive looking Android phones.
As a Chinese device manufacturer, Xiaomi follows Chinese government regulations and blocks access to the Google Play Store and Google services such as Chrome, Gmail, YouTube and Maps.
Instead of Google Apps, Xiaomi offers its own alternative Google-like apps and has its own app store known as the MI App Store.
While the international version of Xiaomi phones can and should include Google apps, it is not uncommon for Xiaomi phones sold for the international market to lack Google Play Store and other Google apps.
Install Google Play Store on Xiaomi phones
The easiest way to install the Google Play Store on a Xiaomi phone would be to search for the Google Play Store app on Xiaomi’s own MI App Store.
If the Google Play Store is not available on your international version of Xiaomi Phone, you can only install the Google Play Store on your Xiaomi device using the Google Installer APK.
The procedure to install Google Play Store on Xiaomi phones using Google Installer APK can be divided into the following two sections.
- Allow downloads from unknown sources on Xiaomi Phone
- Download Google Play Store on Xiaomi Phone by using Google Installer APK.
Step 1. Allow downloads from unknown sources
In order to download Google Installer APK on your Xiaomi phone, you need to enable Downloads from Unknown Sources option on your Xiaomi device first.
Go to settings > Additional settings > privacy and move the switch next to Unknown sources to ON Position.
Tap on the confirmation pop-up OK to allow downloads from unknown sources on your Xiaomi phone
Step 2. Download Google Play Store with Google Installer APK
After enabling the option to download from unknown sources, you can download Google Installer APK on your device.
1. open that web browser on your Xiaomi phone and Download the Google Installer APK from the MIUI forum (Use this link)
Note: A pop-up window will appear at the bottom of the screen. Tap on it OK to install the Google Installer APK.
2. When the download is complete, tap To install to start installing Google Installer on your Xiaomi phone.
3. Once the application is installed, you will see the App Installed screen, tap Open
4. On the next screen, tap the big blue To install Button to start installing Google Basic Services on your Xiaomi phone.
5. The Google Installer will start installing the following Google Basic services on your Xiaomi phone
- Google Services Framework
- Google Account Management
- Google Play service
- Google Calendar Sync Service
Note: Google Services Framework, Google Account Management, Google Play Service, and Google Calendar Sync Service are all required to download the Google Play Store onto your device.
For each of the basic services above, you must tap To install on the permissions screen, then tap Finished once each service has been installed. (See image below)
6. Finally, once the 4 Google Basic Services have been installed, the installer will ask for your permission to install the Google Play Store on your phone. Just tap the To install Possibility to install the Google Play Store.
7. Once the Google Play Store has been installed on your Xiaomi phone, tap Open to open the Google Play Store
8th. On the next screen, enter yours Email-address and tap Next.
Note: Tap on Or create a new account Link if you don’t have a Gmail account.
9. On the next screen, enter the password for your email address and tap Next.
On the next screen, choose whether or not you want to set up automatic backup to Google Drive and tap Next.
That’s it! – You have completed the setup of Google Play Store on your Xiaomi phone and you can download Gmail, Google Maps, Youtube and other popular Android apps on your Xiaomi device.